WHO: Those in need of assistance may receive food from our pantry once every 60 days.
HOW: To register for assistance from our food pantry, you must bring the following items during posted business hours:
- Personal identification,
- Social security cards for every member of the household, and
- A piece of mail to provide proof of your address.
WHEN: Our hours of operation are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9am to 3pm
- Tuesday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
WHAT: New, in-the-package underwear and diapers available for those in need.
WHEN: Underwear may be requested once every six months. Diapers may be requested once every two weeks.
HOW: Visit the Thrift Store during its regular business hours and ask a staff member of volunteer for assistance.
- In order to receive underwear or diapers, please bring your ID, your social security card, the social security card of anyone for whom you are requesting items, and a piece of mail showing your address.
WHAT: Under certain circumstances, a small pledge may be provided to assist with the payment of utility bills when a termination notice has been received.
WHO: Any household with a termination notice is eligible to receive assistance one time only.
WHEN: Do not wait until your service has been disconnected before asking for help. Please allow four weeks from the time your request is received by our staff to the time the pledge is sent to the utility office. Additionally, you must attend a budgeting class at the HOC before a pledge will be sent on your behalf.
- Step 1: Contact a member of our Basic Needs Staff to discuss your situation.
- Step 2: Attend a budgeting class at the HOC.
- Classes are held twice each month, usually on Friday mornings.
- You must bring your ID, Social Security Card, and your bill with termination notice.